The Olin College Library offers access to ebooks via several different platforms. If you're having trouble navigating our collections, please reach out to us.
Access Ebooks Through Overdrive/Libby
You can access ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines via the Overdrive or Libby app, or using your web browser if you're on a computer.
On your computer:
- If you have not yet set a PIN/password for your Minuteman Library Network account, please visit this page and follow the instructions at the bottom.
- Using your library card number and PIN/password, log in to the Overdrive site. Make sure "Minuteman Library Patrons" is selected.
- Browse away! Note that you can access additional content in Overdrive if you sign up for a Boston Public Library ecard. Everyone in the Olin community is eligible. Ask us if you have questions.
On your phone or tablet:
- Make sure you have set up your Minuteman Library Network PIN/password (see above).
- Download either Overdrive or Libby in the Apple Store (iPhones, iPads) or Google Play Store (Android, Android tablets). The two apps have relatively similar functionality - try them out to see which one you prefer.
iOS/Apple: Download Overdrive | Download Libby
Android: Download Overdrive | Download Libby
- When prompted to add a new library, search for "Minuteman Library Network" in Overdrive or Libby.
- Log in with your library card number and PIN/password - and browse away!
Access Ebooks Through Library Databases
Search across most of Olin's online resources. Note that the Overdrive/Libby collection is searchable separately (see instructions above).
- EBSCO Ebook Collection
Over 150,000 eBooks across disciplines, including science, history, and literature.
Full-text of engineering reference works, including many textbooks.
- Science Direct
Books and journals related to the sciences, medicine, and technology.