Olin & Minuteman Library Network
The Olin College Library is a member of the Minuteman Library Network, meaning you can borrow library items not just from us but from the 40+ other libraries in the network. This gives you access to millions more items than we can fit in our little building.
Search just Olin College Library items. If you're signed in, you can place items on reserve for pickup.
Search All Minuteman Libraries
Search all libraries in the Minuteman Library Network. If you're signed in, you can easily request items from other member libraries.
Creating Your Olin Minuteman Account
- Your Minuteman library card # was emailed to you in the summer of 2020. You can also find it by removing the "99" from the library account number on your Olin ID. Ask us if you need help.
- Visit https://find.minlib.net/
- Enter your card number in the "Library Card #/Username" field
- Leave the password field blank and press submit
- Set a PIN/password (we recommend 4-6 numbers)
Already Have a Minuteman Account?
- You can - and should - continue to use your existing account in order to continue getting access to streaming media, ebooks, etc. that are specifically bought for patrons in your municipality.
- You get access to more material by having your Olin account as well. Your Olin card will allow you to borrow our cameras, tools, and other special equipment. You will also be able to access certain ebooks and other content that way.
- If this is confusing, we understand completely. Please email us with any questions at email@example.com.
Services Available Now
- Download the Minuteman Library Network Mobile app, available for both iOS and Android, to manage your library account, search the catalog, and more. You need to sign up for your Minuteman account following the steps above first.
iOS/Apple: Download Minuteman Library Network Mobile App
Android: Download Minuteman Library Network Mobile App
- Borrow ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines using either the Overdrive app or the Libby app, both available on iOS and Android and accessible in your web browser. You need to sign up for your Minuteman account following the steps above first.
iOS/Apple: Download Overdrive | Download Libby
Android: Download Overdrive | Download Libby
- Search the Minuteman catalog using the search bars at the top of this page, or visit https://find.minlib.net.
- Place holds/orders on library items for pickup at Minuteman libraries except for Olin until the week of September 8, 2020.
- You can search all of our subscription databases and journal articles using the search engine on the library's homepage. You can also access The New York Times, Washington Post, and Chronicle of Higher Education on or off campus by using the links here. If you are prompted to log in, use your Olin email address (complete with @olin.edu) and password.
Services Starting September 8, 2020
- The Olin College Library is reopening for contactless pickup on September 8, 2020.
- You can place holds/orders on library items for contactless pickup at Olin, both our local items including hand tools and sewing machines, and any available items in the Minuteman Library Network catalog. Please note, our camera and audio/visual equipment will not be available for loan until further notice.
- To place items on hold for pickup, use the Minuteman app or catalog (explained above) to find the item, log in if needed, and select "Place Hold" in the item's record. Choose "Olin College Library" for your pickup location. You'll receive an email from us when it's ready to pick up, either in the Milas lobby or at the Campus Center (to be determined).
- You can also return books or items borrowed from any Minuteman library to the Olin College Library.