The Olin College Library offers access to ebooks via several different platforms. If you're having trouble navigating our collections, please reach out to us.
Access Ebooks Through Overdrive/Libby
You can access ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines via the Overdrive or Libby app, or using your web browser if you're on a computer.Video: Getting started with Overdrive & Libby
On your computer:
- If you have not yet set a PIN/password for your Minuteman Library Network account, please visit this page and follow the instructions at the bottom.
- Using your library card number and PIN/password, log in to the Overdrive site. Make sure "Minuteman Library Patrons" is selected.
- Browse away! Note that you can access additional content in Overdrive if you sign up for a Boston Public Library ecard. Everyone in the Olin community is eligible. Ask us if you have questions.
On your phone or tablet:
- Make sure you have set up your Minuteman Library Network PIN/password (see above).
- Download either Overdrive or Libby in the Apple Store (iPhones, iPads) or Google Play Store (Android, Android tablets). The two apps have relatively similar functionality - try them out to see which one you prefer.
iOS/Apple: Download Overdrive | Download Libby
Android: Download Overdrive | Download Libby
- When prompted to add a new library, search for "Minuteman Library Network" in Overdrive or Libby.
- Log in with your library card number and PIN/password - and browse away!
Access Ebooks Through Library Databases
Search across most of Olin's online resources. Note that the Overdrive/Libby collection is searchable separately (see instructions above).
- EBSCO Ebook Collection
Over 150,000 eBooks across disciplines, including science, history, and literature.
Arts and humanities database on language and literature, music, film studies, folklore, performing arts, religion, and the study of art and architecture.
Full-text of engineering reference works, including many textbooks.