Olin & Minuteman Library Network
The Olin College Library is a member of the Minuteman Library Network, meaning you can borrow library items not just from us but from the 40+ other libraries in the network. This gives you access to millions more items than we can fit in our little building.
(If you're signed in, you can place items on hold for pickup.)
Creating Your Olin Minuteman Account
- Video: Creating a new Olin/Minuteman library account
- Your Minuteman library card # should have been emailed to you by library staff. Ask us if you need help.
- Visit https://find.minlib.net/
- Enter your card number in the "Library Card #/Username" field
- Leave the password field blank and press submit
- Set a PIN/password (we recommend 4-6 numbers)
Already Have a Minuteman Account?
- You can - and should - continue to use your existing account in order to continue getting access to streaming media, ebooks, etc. that are specifically bought for patrons in your municipality.
- You get access to more material by having your Olin account as well. Your Olin card will allow you to borrow our cameras, tools, and other special equipment. You will also be able to access certain ebooks and other content that way.
- If this is confusing, we understand completely. Please email us with any questions at email@example.com.
Download Library Apps
- Download the Minuteman Library Network Mobile app, available for both iOS and Android, to manage your library account, search the catalog, and more. You need to sign up for your Minuteman account following the steps above first.
iOS/Apple: Download Minuteman Library Network Mobile App
Android: Download Minuteman Library Network Mobile App
- Borrow ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines using either the Overdrive app or the Libby app, both available on iOS and Android and accessible in your web browser. You need to sign up for your Minuteman account following the steps above first.
Video: Getting started with Overdrive & Libby
iOS/Apple: Download Overdrive | Download Libby
Android: Download Overdrive | Download Libby
- Video: How to use library takeout (explains holds process)
- Video: How to order tools
- You can place holds/orders on library items at Olin, both our local items including hand tools and sewing machines, and any available items in the Minuteman Library Network catalog.
- To place items on hold for pickup, use the Minuteman app or catalog (explained above) to find the item, log in if needed, and select "Place Hold" in the item's record. Choose "Olin College Library" for your pickup location. You'll receive an email from us when it's ready to pick up.
- You can also return books or items borrowed from any Minuteman library to the Olin College Library.
- To place a request for interlibrary loan - for a book or article that we don't own or have access to - use the ILL Form.